Monday, December 3, 2012

Some Call It a Muse

Others say alter-ego.  Either way, Memphis Earlene Gray has been sharing her wisdom with Judith Podell, author of Blues for Beginners, for years.  Memphis Earlene knows the blues -- as she says, "You don’t choose the Blues, they choose you."

Fortunately, like all celebrities, Memphis Earlene has her own blog where you can listen in on her conversations with Judith about what it means to be truly blues-worthy.  She's got strong opinions on French wine, fancy shoes, even Paula Broadwell.

With a little coaxing, we think she'll do a guest blog soon. Meanwhile here's a sample:

Memphis Earlene Performs an Intervention

Goin to the Day Spa, sorry but I can’t take you/ Said I’m goin to the Day Spa, sorry that I can’t take you. Gone tell that Manicure Woman  to paint my fingernails blue.

Memphis Earlene’s idea, not mine.

I reached for the bottle of Luminescent Beige, my usual, but she wouldn’t let me.  Now my nails are the color of Santa Fe Gift Shop turquoise jewelry, which took some getting used to.

I don’t know what possessed me is something I say a lot.

Judith Podell

No comments:

Post a Comment